Thursday, January 28, 2010

Work in the Mill

Today was a carding day. I made balls of Potluck Roving in "Misty Mountain" and "Midnight Mulberry". Also dyed wool for "Ocean" which I will card next week, after it dries.
When I came back in to the office (which is in the house, not the mill), I found a very large order from one of my best customers, Paradise Fibers. Very nice people, I really enjoy working with them.

Tonight I am off to the award ceremony for Ferndale's Man and Woman of the year. I am passing the torch, I was the woman of the year for Ferndale in 2009 so my reign is over. I must admit it was a very nice honor to be recognized for my volunteer work with the Ferndale Band Boosters. I certainly enjoyed my time with the boosters and the students in the Ferndale Marching Band, and to get such a special award was "icing on the cake". Working with the boosters for 4 years was a very fun "cake"!

No comments:

Post a Comment